LBNL’s Energy Geosciences Division has been hosting workshops and symposia since 1995 to bring together users of the TOUGH suite of codes for an open exchange on applications and recent code enhancements. The papers presented at these workshops and symposia are available as conference proceedings; extended versions of select papers have been published in special issues of peer-reviewed journals.
** COMING THIS SEPTEMBER 18-20: LBNL’s 10th TOUGH Symposium 2023 **
Visit this website for details on agenda, registration, presentations/posters, and other information.
The next symposium on applications and enhancements to the TOUGH codes for multiphase fluid, heat, and chemical transport is scheduled for September 18-20, 2023. The Symposium will be an in-person event at the Berkeley Lab. The 2023 TOUGH Symposium will consist of oral and poster presentations. TOUGH “short courses” on select TOUGH codes will also be offered immediately preceding and/or following the symposium.
The purpose of the symposium is to bring together users of the TOUGH family of codes (which includes TOUGH2 (and TOUGH3), iTOUGH2, TMVOC, TOUGHREACT, TOUGH-FLAC, TOUGH+, TOUGH2-MP, and many others) for an open exchange on applications and recent code enhancements. Papers are solicited in all areas of TOUGH applications.
To receive information on the 2023 TOUGH Symposium and training courses, please add your name to the TOUGH Email List or email Troy Cortez, TCortez@lbl.gov.
Previous Symposium and Workshop Proceedings
- Extended Abstracts TOUGH Symposium 2018, October 8-10, 2018
- Proceedings TOUGH Symposium 2015, September 28-30, 2015
- Proceedings TOUGH Symposium 2012, September 17-19, 2012
- Proceedings TOUGH Symposium 2009, September 14-16, 2009
- Proceedings TOUGH Symposium 2006, May 15-17, 2006
- Proceedings TOUGH Symposium 2003, May 12-14, 2003
- Proceedings TOUGH Workshop 1998
- Proceedings TOUGH Workshop 1995 (collective document, individual documents)
- TOUGH Workshop 1990